Group classes have been cancelled and no lessons will be taught in the Eisner Center.
Check with your studio teacher about the platform on which he or she will be teaching.
Helpful Hints for Successful Online Lessons:
- Use a music stand or iPad stand to hold the device.
- Turn off all notifications and alerts.
- Placement of the device:
- Piano: upper body, hands, and keyboard
- Cello, flute, and violin/viola: upper body, hands, and instrument
- Teachers may want to adjust the view based on the focus of the lesson (posture, use of pedal, etc.)
- An external mic is not usually necessary, but might be nice.
- Using a Bluetooth speaker may make it easier to hear your teacher, but not necessary.
- Have your music, pencil, metronome, and notebook nearby to take notes and mark the score.
- Arrange to have siblings occupied so that they do not disturb the lesson.
- Tune your instrument before the lesson.
- Take your teacher on a tour of your practice area and introduce him or her to your pets (optional).