We are so excited to share with you all we have planned for January 15, 16, and 17. There will be plenty of laughter, music making, and moments of inspiration. We hope you arrive prepared to join in with great enthusiasm and we hope you leave inspired and encouraged.
On this page you will find schedules to print at home and bring with you. We recommend that you look over the schedules now and print them Thursday, January 14 to bring with you, so you have the latest and most accurate information. You will need these to help you get around to all your activities for the weekend. We don’t want you to miss anything! We have carefully designed the classes to provide the best educational and social experience possible for each student. Thank you for following your student’s schedule as posted.
Registration and payment, if applicable, should be given to your teacher or mailed and received by December 7. Further information is included on the form.
Local Lodging for the Granville area:
WF16 Freeze-in and Clincians’ Concert Programs (Updated 1/14/16)
Friday January 15, 2016
- Masterclasses (see specific instrument schedules)
- Friday Night Freeze-in 5:45-7 pm in Swasey Chapel
- Celtic Music Concert featuring Brian McCoy and guests, 7:15-8:15 pm
The Freeze-in and Celtic Music Concert are free and open to the public and is sponsored by the Granville Arts Commission and The Loft Violin Shop.
Saturday, January 16, 2016
- Group classes, Masterclasses, and Enrichment classes are offered throughout the day. Please check instrument schedules for time and location.
- Clinicians’ Concert, 1:15-2:15 pm in Burke Recital Hall, features performances by our clinicians, and is an annual favorite. This concert is free and open to the public.
Sunday, January 17, 2016
- Parent Talk with Ed Sprunger, 1:15-2:15 pm, is an opportunity for Suzuki parents to further their understanding and implementation of the Suzuki philosophy during lessons and home practice.
- Instrument Play-ins, led by our clinicians, will take place in various places around the Arts Quad. Please check instrument schedules for specific locations.
Cello Students’ Schedules
WF 2016 Cello Students’ Schedules 011416 (Updated 1/14/16)
Cello Review List
- Book 1 – all
- Book 2 – May Time, Chorus, Musette, March in G, Bourree
- Book 3 – Berceuse, Scherzo, Minuet 3, La Cinquantaine
- Book 4 – Breval Sonata 1st Movement
- Book 5 – Vivaldi Sonata last movement, Danse Rustique
- Book 6 – The Swan, Breval Rondo, Vivaldi Concerto for 2 Cellos
Flute Students’ Schedules
WF 2016 Flutes Students’ Schedules 011416 (Updated 1/14/16)
Piano Students’ Schedules
WF 2016 Piano Students’ Schedules 011416(Updated 1/14/16)
Viola Students’ Schedules
WF 2016 Viola Students’ Schedules 011416 (updated 1/14/16)
Violin Students’ Schedules
WF 2016 Violin Students’ Schedules 011416(updated 1/14/16)
Fiddle Class Music
These pieces should be learned to a comfortable level prior to Winter Festival.
Violin Review List
- Minuet 3
- Gavotte by Gossec
- Long Long Ago
- 2 Grenadiers
- Witches Dance
- Bourrée by Handel
- Minuet by Boccherini
- Gavotte in D Major
- Seitz 5-1
- Vivaldi a minor, 1st mvt.
- Bach Double
- Bach Gavottes
- Bach Double
- Gigue by Veracini
- Gavotte by Rameau
- Minuet by Mozart
- Courante by Bach