Winter Festival Schedules are now available. Please print the schedules pertaining to your instrument, the Friday night activities list, and the Percussion and Movement schedule and bring them with you.
These schedules have been updated as of 1/10/13.
January 11, 12, and 13, 2013
To fully enjoy all the opportunities available to parents/practice partners and students, please keep Friday afternoon through Sunday afternoon as open as possible. We don’t want you to miss anything!!
Friday Night Activities
5:45: Arrive at Swasey Chapel for tuning and gathering6:00-7:00
- Please bring your instrument.
- Please park in the Burton Morgan parking lot.
Pieces for the “Freeze-In”
- Festival Faculty Introductions
- Old MacDurbin Had a Farm
- Freeze-In performance
7:00-8:00 Parent Workshop with Kimberly Meier-Sims in Swasey Chapel7:15-8:15 Friday Night Activities for students.
- Cello and Viola: Song of the Wind and Rigadoon
- Piano: Sonatina in G by Beethoven, Ecossaise by Hummel, and Twinkle Theme
- Flute: Minuet #1 and Lightly Row
- Violin: Bourrée (Handel) and Go Tell Aunt Rhody
- Combined: Allegro (Suzuki) in D and Twinkle in D
Flutes in the Frost
- Wendy Stern, flute
- Leslie Maaser, flute
- Laurie Fairlie Weil
- Stafford Berry, percussion and movement
- Parent workshop on Friday night
- Individual instruction in master class format (all students and parents listen to each “mini” individual lesson)
- Group classes emphasizing tone, technique, and repertoire and a Suzuki “play-in”
- Enrichment classes in percussion and movement taught by Stafford Berry
- Small ensemble classes coached by Leslie Maaser
- Clinician’s Concert on Saturday open to the public and free of charge
Registration is due December 2, 2012
Contact Linda Habig, Denison University Suzuki Program, Flute Instructor, (740) 587-4585 email@example.com
Icicle Chamber Music:Blizzard Chamber Music:
- Fay Adams, piano
- Patricia Eversole, piano groups
- Stafford Berry, percussion & movement
Friday night “Freeze In” participation for pianists:
Please check in by the piano in Swasey Chapel at 5:45.
Piano Phrase by Phrase: Piano students will participate in the “Freeze-In” by playing the following pieces phrase by phrase. Students will stand in line behind the piano. Two students at a time will play one phrase or section of the piece. They will leave the bench and walk around the front of the piano to join the back of the line. The piece will be repeated until all pianists have played.
Book 3+ students play Sonatina in G by Beethoven, 1st mvt (end of book 2) and switch pianists after measures 8, 16, 24, 16, and 24 (taking the repeat).
Book 2 students play Ecossaise and switch pianists after measures 8, 16, 24, 32, 8, and 16 (taking the repeat).
- Micaela D.
- Tony R.
- Catherine S.
- Kaitlin K.
- Lucy D.
- Maria P.
Book 1 students play Twinkle Theme and switch pianists after measures 4, 6, and 8.
- Emily N.
- Jaime M.
- Reece M.
- Jonathan H.
- James D.
- Gabe G.
- Michael S.
- Jacob E.
- Olivia G.
- Bailey Q.
- Sabrina K.
- Amelia W.
- Eli K.
- Cain W.
- Santiago G.
- Lydia P.
- Izzy P.
- Natalie J.
- Katherine S.
- Isaac W.
- Cassidy S.
- Ferial M.
- Helena E.
Strings in the Snow
Viola ScheduleViolin SchedulesViolin Repertoire to Review for group class and the “Freeze-In.”Violin students in Books 4+ will be participating in Fiddle classes with Andy Carlson. Please print the music for your level and be prepared to play it in class. Please bring a music stand.Cello activities will be in Mulberry House.Master String Schedule for those observing and for families with many participants.
- Lamar Blum, violin
- Terry Durbin, violin
- Kimberly Meier-Sims, violin and parent workshop
- Andy Carlson, fiddle
- Dawna Rone, viola
- AliceAnn O’Neill, cello